STAT Credentialing Program:
Have you ever wanted to witness firsthand medical device innovation working alongside physicians and other clinical providers in the OR or at the bedside? Are you interested in gaining clinical hours to support your pre-med journey?
We are excited to invite you to participate in the BME Capstone Emory/Grady Healthcare STAT Credentialing Program!
What is this program and why should I participate?
BME Capstone is providing hospital badging for students taking Capstone*. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your Capstone experience by granting you access to participate in clinical observations and enhance your voice of the customer activities throughout Capstone. Regardless of who your sponsor is and what project you work on, completing credentialing at both Emory Healthcare and Grady Healthcare allows you access to two diverse clinical sites in which you can observe clinical procedures relevant to your Capstone project.
While optional to participate, completing your credentialing is highly encouraged for all Capstone students to enhance your educational experience in Capstone and to help bring your med-tech innovation projects to life so you can witness the real-world potential impact of your Capstone project through observations in patient care settings. This is an opt-in program with strict deadlines requiring you to monitor your emails throughout the summer. We have designed this program to complete all of your observation requirements in time so you may receive your badges granting you access to Emory and Grady Healthcare locations in the first week to class.
STAT Credentialing is a privilege provided by the BME Department that should be taken seriously with the highest professionalism, and BME Capstone reserves the right to revoke access if concerns arise during the course.
How do I opt-in to participate in STAT Credentialing?
- You will receive an email invitation to participate in a Capstone info session approximately a week or two before Phase 1 Registration Begins.
- After you attend this info session, you will be invited to RSVP to participate in the program.
- Once you have opted in, you will need to follow the detailed instructions provided below.
I have opted-in and I am ready to begin my application and training. Where do I start?
- For Fall 2023 students:
- You may begin with requirements listed in the link at the bottom of this page
- ACEMAPP accounts will be activated by the week of April 3, 2023
- Complete the following requirements prior* to leaving campus for Spring 2023 semester:
QuantiFERON test at STAMPS
Order and complete background and drug test
*For students without access to campus in Spring 2023, contact MacKenzie for guidance
Thursday July 20th, 11:59pm EST
Official deadline for completed documentation, background check, immunizations, and drug screening results
What should I do if I have a question about STAT?
This guide is intended to help you complete these tasks in a timely manner according to the deadlines . If you have any questions regarding this credentialing process:
- If you have questions, contact “MacKenzie Carvalho at <email@example.com>
- If you have constructive feedback on how we can improve this program, please send us your thoughts via MacKenzie. We review this information each semester.