STAT Credentialing Program:
Student credentialing Training for Advancing medical Technologies
Have you ever wanted to witness firsthand medical device innovation working alongside physicians and other clinical providers in the OR or at the bedside? Are you interested in gaining clinical hours to support your pre-med journey?
We are excited to invite you to participate in the BME Capstone Emory/Grady Healthcare STAT Credentialing Program!
What is this program and why should I participate?
BME Capstone is providing hospital badging for students taking Capstone*. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your Capstone experience by granting you access to participate in clinical observations and enhance your voice of the customer activities throughout Capstone. Regardless of who your sponsor is and what project you work on, completing credentialing at both Emory Healthcare and Grady Healthcare allows you access to two diverse clinical sites in which you can observe clinical procedures relevant to your Capstone project.
While optional to participate, completing your credentialing is highly encouraged for all Capstone students to enhance your educational experience in Capstone and to help bring your med-tech innovation projects to life so you can witness the real-world potential impact of your Capstone project through observations in patient care settings. This is an opt-in program with strict deadlines requiring you to monitor your emails throughout the summer. We have designed this program to complete all of your observation requirements in time so you may receive your badges granting you access to Emory and Grady Healthcare locations in the first week to class.
STAT Credentialing is a privilege provided by the BME Department that should be taken seriously with the highest professionalism, and BME Capstone reserves the right to revoke access if concerns arise during the course.
How do I opt-in to participate in STAT Credentialing?
- You will receive an email invitation to participate in a Capstone info session approximately a week or two before Phase 1 Registration Begins.
- After you attend this info session, you will be invited to RSVP to participate in the program.
- Once you have opted in, you will need to follow the detailed instructions provided below.
I have opted-in and I am ready to begin my application and training. Where do I start?
- For Fall 2021 students:
- Fill out the RSVP/Tb Screening survey sent to your email no later than Friday May 14th, 2021, 11:59pm.
- Please wait until more information is communicated via email in June 2021 and posted on our website for the specific deadlines and protocol for Fall 2021
- You may familiarize yourself with the general process using the link below from the Spring 2021 semester.
What should I do if I have a question about STAT?
This guide is intended to help you complete these tasks in a timely manner according to the deadlines below. If you have any questions regarding this credentialing process:
- Please first consult our live FAQ document. We update this documentation weekly.
General topics include:
- Instructions for CODE students
- Instructions for students who have previously acquired a Grady Healthcare Badge
- Instructions for students currently co-oping or are not physically located in the ATL/GT area.
- If your question is not answered, please wait until more information is communicated via email in June 2021 and posted on our website for the specific deadlines and protocol for Fall 2021
- For urgent matters, contact Kyle Cowdrick (firstname.lastname@example.org), the New Partnerships Liaison for BME Capstone.
- If you have constructive feedback on how we can improve this program, please send us your thoughts via this feedback form. We review this data on a weekly basis.